So, anyone that reads my blog regularly knows I like book tags so I am doing another one! I have watched a bunch of BookTube videos on the “unpopular opinions book tag” in the last few days so thought that would be a good one to do.
I got the questions from In a bookish world but you can find them all over the place.
1. A popular book or series that you didn’t like.
This is the only middle grade book I have tried to read as an adult (unless you count HP?) and I just don’t see the appeal. It was boring. I gave up on it after 20% I think.
2. A popular book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
I love this series, particularly this book and Grey, I know it’s trashy, but sometimes that’s fun.
3. A love triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with.
I tend to avoid books with a lot of romance, other than the above, so I don’t really have an answer for this.
4. A popular book genre that you hardly reach for.
YA! I do give into the hype sometimes but I don’t read as much YA as most people in the online book community seem to.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
Finch from All the Bright Places. Everyone seems to love him, I really don’t see the appeal.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
Donna Tartt. I have read a couple of her books and I don’t understand the hype, they are very long and very little actually happens in them.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing (e.g. “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
I generally hate all the sappy “romance” in YA. Particularly everyone claiming to be in love with each other when they have known whoever it is for 5 minutes, and by “known” they really mean “sent them a few texts”.
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
There are a few but this is the first one that came to mind, it just doesn’t sound like my thing.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
There are a few actually as you can see. There might be a few more but these are the ones that come to mind. I do however, like most people, or most readers, tend to think the book is better than the movie most of the time.
So, another day, another tag! Let me know if you have done this tag or know of any other good ones I should do!