I know this is a BookTube tag but I’m not on BookTube and I wanted to do it so here goes! They aren’t in any order.
1.My favourite book when I was little was “I want my Potty”, I read it several times every day and still have a copy on my bookshelf.
2. When I was younger I worried that “The Witches” was real and used to look out for them on the way to school. I wasn’t as young as you might think either.
3. I have a favourite book light, i.e. I have several.
4. I mostly use train tickets as bookmarks, they aren’t even mine, I haven’t been on a train in years.
5. The most I have spent on a book is about four hundred pounds, it was a textbook, I have several around this price.
6. I can’t bring myself to buy the six hundred pound textbook.
7. I set myself a book spending limit every month, I always break it.
8. I have over a hundred books on my Amazon wish list at all times.
9. I mostly read on my Kindle, except when it comes to textbooks.
10. I read to forget.
11. I really like to read novels about law school.
12. I really want a book subscription, most of them seem to be US only though.
13. Even if I hate a book I tend to finish it, my DNF count is three, ever, and even those I will probably try to read at some point.
14. When I was little I would read under the covers with a torch after I was told to go to bed.
15. I just found out there are more than three books in the “Naughtiest Girl” series and feel the need to read them, despite my age and their target audience. I only ever read the first three!!!
16. I prefer “Lolita” the movie, to the book, by a long way.
17. I prefer to read the book before seeing the movie, like most people I think.
18. My favourite place to read is in my study, with a sandalwood candle burning.
19. I have seen “The Book of the Dead”, a few pages of it anyway.
20. I don’t like romance books, the only books I will really read where a relationship is the main/only theme are the “Grey” books, which I love.
21. When I move house, which as a doctor I do a lot, the first thing I unpack is my books.
22. I am a Ravenclaw, engaged to a Hufflepuff who likes to claim he is a Gryffindor.
23. I once turned down someone who wanted to date me because he hadn’t read Harry Potter.
24. I like the idea of reading in the bath and always want to but I’m too scared of dropping my book/Kindle.
25. As you can see from my Bookstagram, I have a lot of medical novels/memoirs, I mostly read them when I was younger and couldn’t wait to be a doctor.
What are some bookish facts about you guys?